Wednesday 16 January 2008

The Saviors touch


Today I worked with Classy (click on Classy to see her story) a chestnut mare at the horse rescue site. I first met Classy last Spring. She came to the rescue farm in poor health and also had difficulty breathing, only getting 5% of needed air. As a result they put in a permanent Trach. The Trach needs to be cleaned daily, today was my turn. Classy gets a little nervous when you take the warm damp cloth and start wiping around the Trach. With soft voice and gentle strokes along her neck with my hand she was able to remain fairly calm. At times I had to work kind of vigorously to get the "crud" out of the hair around the opening. I learned the hard way not to get my face to close to the opening when she coughs!

I am preparing to teach an Adult Sunday School session this Sunday about the "Transfiguration" (Matthew 17:1-13). In verse 7 Jesus came down and "touched them" and spoke to them because they were on the ground face down, terrified. I am so glad when I am nervous like Classy, or terrified like the disciples that I can feel Jesus touch and hear His soft gentle voice.

5 comments:

Robin said...

This is a test...

Robin said...

Ok...it works again...last night it wouldn't post comments...

I could so see where this post was going and I'm glad you went there. I need to be reminded, I think we all do...thanks!

Tam said...

We have almost 2 acres of land here in So. Oregon and our neighbors have 5 horses and a mule that graze part of our property. They aren't well taken care of at all and at first meeting us they were very skiddish. We've spent 3 years earning their trusts and now - when we drive up the drive, they see us and trot on over, wait at the fence for us to greet them. the Mule is my favorite. there's something about the his gentle eyes and loppy ears. I love him! My daughter spent last summer at a horse camp as a wrangler and when she returned home she realized for the first time how neglected these horses here were. Very sad!

Anyways, I really appreciate your input and wisdom over at my place this last week. My husband and I were talking about it last night. So glad you stopped by!

Indian Lake Papa said...

Hi Tam - welcome to my world. Thanks for your thoughts as well. I am trying to write a book (365 day devotional) on horses & my experiences, with a spiritual application. I love horses! Glad you stopped by!

Robin said...

I can't wait to read your book!