Sunday 20 July 2008

Why are you going there?

I have just finished a terrific week walking with God. I really tried to do my best to listen to all He told me and where He took me. The Camp Meeting Bible studies each day were tremendous!

I am not sure that mama and papa have ever went to a movie theater together. We just never made that a priority. We have watched some movies here at home and have a few DVD's - mama likes the comedy's, papa watches westerns and some others with a moral theme. Do you go to movies? Do you take your family? Children? Do you go anywhere the "Adult Content" is not appropriate for children?

I ask that question to get you thinking about where you go and who do you take with you? Somewhere this week it really dawned on me that since I have been redeemed and justified with Christ the Holy Spirit is in me and goes wherever I go! Then I think of all the times I must have grieved him where we went or even the conversations I participate in. I now listen for his voice better; "Papa lets not go there, that grieves me!" or "Papa, those words are not what I like to hear, we need to leave or share better words." You do know that the Holy spirit uses your body for a dwelling place - right? Where are you taking him today? He is right there - talk with him and try your best not to grieve him. He is a wonderful companion!

One other thing - Husbands and wives - your conversations with each other, are they pleasing to the Holy Spirit? You are one - with the Holy Spirit. Mama and I are praying that as a Christian spouse - the Holy Spirit enjoys that dwelling.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, papa, what an amazing post! I just come over to visit after seeing you on some other blogs, and this has really blessed me today.
So happy for you that you have had a terrific week with God, and also that you are hearing Him so clearly when He speaks to you.
It's so true what you say, that He's with us always, at the movies, in our conversations, and that we can either grieve Him or make Him smile. Thanks for this :)

Indian Lake Papa said...

Hi birgit! welcome to Indian Lake Papa's blog - mama posts once in awhile as well. I just revised this post a little since you commented. I am trying to hear my Savior's voice and the Holy spirit just a little better!

Anonymous said...

This post is amazing and exactly where I need to keep my focus..thanks for the chat today, and for letting Jesus work through you right to my heart. Love and prayers...ME

Indian Lake Papa said...

Darla - I will be praying this week as you walk with Jesus that you sense the Holy Spirit just a little better.

Unknown said...

one of my favorite things to do is getting involved in lengthy discussion with Brent. it doesnt really matter what its about - its almost NEVER bad...but we are both good communicators and like to bounce things off each other. we have always been blessed with the ability to do that gracefully and with patience. we've learned much from one another. i pray it has blessed HIM as well!

Indian Lake Papa said...

Tam - That is the way a marriage should be - good communication. I am sure the Holy Spirit who dwells in you both is very pleased!

Tanya said...

That is an awesome post, I have to admit, it got me where I was sitting. You are right, the holy spirit does dwell in me and so does my flesh, sometimes the flesh gets it's way more than the spirit. We do not go to the movie theaters as much as maybe others, everyonce in a while we go. We go to movies that the kids can watch. And my conversations with Jeff does need to be more honoring to God. Thank you for the reminder, I always say, if I feel the conviction, it is from God. God bless you, love Tanya

Indian Lake Papa said...

Tanya - it has almost become funny with papa! i find myself actually talking in my mind with the Holy Spirit as if he was sitting right next to me. The conversations even get hilarious at times - I am not sure if the Holy Spirit laughs or not, but if not, he will have trouble with papa! lol

Robin said...

Great post!

Pray for me - the next two Wednesday evenings while my Pastor is away in Alaska (with my husband and five others from my church) he asked me to lead the Wednesday night Bible study and prayer meeting. I'm the youngest in attendance besides my children... Please pray that God speaks through me and that its HIM not me...

Indian Lake Papa said...

Robin - you have our prayers! God bless in this endeavor - record it, i'd like to hear what you have to say! Or should I say, what God says through you. How is the church group doing on their trip?

Robin said...

As far as I know they are doing fine. I spoke to Rick briefly yesterday - really briefly he needed our daughter's email address and called from the camp director's phone. Before that he's called a few times while traveling using the cell phones of other team members. We have one of those pay as you go cell phones just for emergencies, but there is zero coverage in Alaska. Continue to keep the team in your prayers. Rick did say they had a lot of work to do on one of the early conversations when he just got to the camp ground.

Thanks also for your prayers!

Indian Lake Papa said...

Robin - thanks for the update - will be praying for Rick.

Robin said...

Your prayers mean so much! I pray this time can be just what the Great Physician ordered!

Indian Lake Papa said...

Robin - Mama and I covet your prayers as well -

CrossView said...

Seriously? No movie at the theater before now? Wow.

My husband is my best friend. We talk often... late into the night, throughout the day if he needs to vent from work, first thing in the morning. There's nothing more exciting than being married to a Godly man!

Indian Lake Papa said...

Yep - Crossview, no theater for mama and papa - not together anyways.

Communication between husband & wife is so very special - and a real necessity for a close marriage.