Wednesday, 3 September 2008
Marriage Tips plus Mama is cool!
Papa and mama are blessed! I have spent over 43 years married to mama - we are making our marriage work. A great marriage does not just happen - even among Christians. You have to nurture the relationship and cultivate it (keep the weeds out!). Papa is going to give you some suggested tips - take em or leave em!
1. Communicate - share your thoughts about each other to each other.
2. Always be kind - especially as you communicate.
3. Be each others best friend.
4. Take time for personal devotions and pray together as well.
5. Discuss major issues together - finances, family, your own concerns.
6. Take time to romance/date each other.
7. Be physical with each other !! Hug, hold hands, smile, look at each other do not shrink back when the other touches you. Mama and I love to hold hands in church, especially when standing, sitting, praying and singing. Hummmm, thats most of the time in church!
8. Never attack each other w/harsh words - you can never recapture spoken words!
9. Seek counsel quickly if your marriage is not going in the right direction.
10. Learn two new words you may have never used; "I'm Sorry!"
I love you mama!