Thursday 17 September 2009

The Answer to Life's Questions! I've got it!

Last night at the Wednesday mid-week church service we sang a familiar hymn. I like the hymn and have sang it many times but never noticed the format until the song leader pointed something out. Here are the words.

LET HIM HAVE HIS WAY WITH THEE

  1. Would you live for Jesus, and be always pure and good?
    Would you walk with Him within the narrow road?
    Would you have Him bear your burden, carry all your load?
    Let Him have His way with thee.
    • Refrain:
      His pow’r can make you what you ought to be;
      His blood can cleanse your heart and make you free;
      His love can fill your soul, and you will see
      ’Twas best for Him to have His way with thee.
  2. Would you have Him make you free, and follow at His call?
    Would you know the peace that comes by giving all?
    Would you have Him save you, so that you can never fall?
    Let Him have His way with thee.
  3. Would you in His kingdom find a place of constant rest?
    Would you prove Him true in providential test?
    Would you in His service labor always at your best?
    Let Him have His way with thee.
There are three verses, each verse asks 3 questions for those singing the hymn. A total of 9 questions. The answer for each question is the same - "Let Him have His way with thee." How simple! When life is confusing and challenging and we do not know what to do, all we really need to focus on is: "Let Him have His way with thee!"

9 comments:

R.M. Jackson said...

What more can I say? Amen!

Indian Lake Papa said...

Is that question #10 Ruth ?? LOL Have a great day of worship tomorrow! Wish I could worship with you - I will in spirit.

R.M. Jackson said...

I will Papa, and it will be wonderful having you with us tomorrow (if even in spirit). :D

Oh, will you be dropping by for family worship tonight as well? We love having company over. ;)

Indian Lake Papa said...

What time does it start tonight? I will try to make it! Is there food afterwards?

R.M. Jackson said...

The banana-nut bread is in the oven as we speak! I hope you like papayas too. :D

We start at 6:30pm EST... 'see' you then! Over and out. ;)

Indian Lake Papa said...

Oh my Ruth - I am getting on my bike in just a minute - I have about 30 minutes to make the ride - save me some bread!

CrossView said...

Such a simple solution. I'm noted for avoiding simplicity and going for stress and worry first. ;o)

Indian Lake Papa said...

Crossview - sometimes I am too busy and just don't have time for the simple solution. :)

Anonymous said...

I love this hymn!

The answer to all our questions:

Let Him have His way...