Friday 8 October 2010

Are You Prepared For Today?

The picture is of Susan preparing to get ready for a trail ride with Izzy her beautiful registered Quarter horse. We had a great ride
that day - we were prepared and everything went off without a problem.

Scripture: “But as it is written: ‘Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him.” I Corinthians 2:9

Preparation

When I take Amos for a ride I always spend time in preparation for the ride. When I climb on his back to begin my ride for the day I prefer no surprises, I know before hand that he is ready for the ride.

Amos meets me at the paddock gate when I begin my approach. I watch closely as he comes. Is he alert? How is his gait? Is he limping? After we come out of the paddock I take him just a few steps and then look him over closely for any obvious injuries. I brush him down right there, letting him eat fresh grass. He loves the preparation time. I check his feet over. After about 15 minutes we head for his stall. He likes that as well, he always finds a treat in his manger. Again I look him over and then check over my riding equipment. After putting on the equipment I walk him to the inside riding arena and recheck my equipment. Then I mount, take a few minutes to ride in the arena then I begin my planned ride for the day.

I love the verse above! God is preparing something for me! Maybe it is something that is going to happen today! For sure he is preparing a place for me in heaven. Do the scriptures in His Word indicate I need to make preparation as well? I think so.

Prayer Thought: Lets see, what can I do to prepare me to meet God today?

11 comments:

Peter Olson said...

It's the Boy Scout Motto:
"Be Prepared"

Prayer~~~~check
Bible Reading~~~~check
Meditation on God's Word~~~~check

Read "Choices R Mine"~~~check/check

It's always nice to receive a check.

I pray that God will bless you as you walk with him today. AMEN!

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

I know sometimes I do run off unprepared. Lord, help me to always be prepared no matter what is going on in my life. Amen

Indian Lake Papa said...

Peter - I love checks! Today will be another great day with the Lord!

Michelle - yep, me too, I run off thinking I am all set and get caught unprepared. I guess thats why He jerks my chain sometimes! (smile)

Ed said...

All the time you put into preparing Amos for your ride reflects how much you care about him.

When I am doing something with, or for, someone else I tend to be careful. For myself I am more of a leap before I leap guy. As I get older however I have become more careful, because these old bones just can't take the crash landings anymore. lol.

Life will test us, and it is very important to take the time to reinforce our faith so that we are prepared to deal with any of the challenges the day will bring.

Indian Lake Papa said...

Ed, I see a man who prepares and gets things in order. I think that is important. Especially as the day unfolds and as we get older.

Life Adapted said...

Hi Papa, Very good advice. Are you as careful with all the things you do in your life as you are with Amos? I have a feeling you are . . . I'm not there yet, but I am a work in progress. . .

Be blessed.

Indian Lake Papa said...

LA - I think I try to be, but with Amos I seem to stay better focused. If I don't, he will start to want to be in charge and go his own way. With mama, we are a team - we both try to make it always work.

CrossView said...

Isn't it amazing how much work the Master has to go through? And all the horse has to do is follow His lead. =)

Indian Lake Papa said...

That is a very good point about a horse being willing to follow. However, the horse does it better the more that he trusts the leader. When a horse comes to water, he will step into the water (never sure how deep it is) because he trusts the leader to take him through. Trust is a major part of preparation.

Annesphamily said...

I stopped by here for a reason today. Thank you for encouraging me. Anne

Indian Lake Papa said...

Being a Christian Anne requires prep.
Not preparing is asking for disaster.