Today mama and I start a new year together. 2010 had some moments when we were not as confident about what 2011 would hold for us.
Today, January 1st, the year starts out with a great start. Our health is good and our relationship is strong as well. We love each other with a stronger commitment to each other than 2010. What I share next, to me is important - especially for husbands and fathers.
I think as men we take the important relationships for granted. We love our wives and we love our children - but we need to be aggressive and show that. Here are some suggestion guys for 2011.
1) Smile at your wife and say I love you when you walk by her.
2) Come behind her and hug her. Kiss her neck.
3) Slip your hand in hers when she is not expecting it - like in a parking lot.
4) We "snuggle" in church (sorry if that distracts those of you behind us).
5) Put a love note under her pillow occasionally.
What about your kids? No matter the age, let them know in 2011 you love them and show it.
Have a blessed 2011!