Monday 28 February 2011

Choices

This is an interesting photo - there is more going on here than what actually appears. Before you read any further take a moment to try and figure out what is really going on. Hopefully you have taken that moment. The two horses in the picture are two beautiful Arabian trail horses - well behaved. Very special. The lady in the red jacket has 'loaned" me a horse to ride, I am taking the picture while sitting on that horse. It was only the 2nd time I had rode that horse. In fact I had not been riding horseback since about 1986 - 20 years earlier.

This day was important - can I still ride? I want to buy my own horse, should I? Am I enjoying this? I have Parkinson Disease should I be doing this? Lots of choices on my mind - what do I choose? And, what about the problem at hand - how do I get across this stream - my horse says no!

The horse I am on does not want to cross this stream. He can tell his rider is nervous - thats not good. I am really inexperienced at this - It has been probably 35 years since crossing my last stream on horseback. Now what? I decided to try and relax, the stream was shallow, and I began talking softly, stroking the horses neck and he stepped into the water. The other two horses began to move out and my horse went on across the stream.

What choices are you facing? Whats keeping you from moving forward? I decided after crossing that stream, yup I can do this. This picture was taken in 2006. In the Spring of 2007 I found a horse and have been riding ever since. Even though I sold my horse 3 years later, I still ride as often as I can in the summer months. It was a good choice - no regrets. Make your choices, talk with those who will give you good advice - and always pray about your choices. God Bless.

No comments: