Monday 4 April 2011

A real Pain!

Scripture: ”And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying, There shall be no more pain for the former things have passed away.” Revelation 21:4

Pain

When I cause pain to Amos, chances are I am going to get unwanted behavior and most of the time not the behavior I intended. If I put pressure on the bit in his mouth and that causes pain, how do you think he acts when I try to put the bit in his mouth the next time? He remembers all too well that the bit causes him pain and the struggle begins. Pain is not only irritating to the horse it will likely create fear as well. Putting it simple, pain is a distracter from what you really are trying to accomplish. In my partnership with Amos I try not to bring pain into the picture at all during training. Chances are that anything that is bringing out an incorrect response from Amos is probably the fault of the trainer – me. Why should I inflict pain on Amos when what went wrong was probably my fault?

My relationship with others should be as pain free as possible. If I say things that are painful to others I will very likely cause a barrier to our relationship and communication. I am afraid that when I cause pain to others, just like Amos, it is probably more my fault than the person I inflicted the pain on. An abusive parent who causes severe physical pain to a child will scar that child emotionally and possibly physically for life.

If you are the victim of a painful past or even now experiencing pain, remember Christ has a better life in store for you. Turn to Him, seek His counsel and also seek the counsel of others that can help you.

Prayer Thought: Lord, give me wisdom today and do not allow me to inflict any pain in my relationships.

No comments: