Saturday 14 May 2011

An Uphill Battle!

Scripture: “I will lift up my eyes to the hills, from whence comes my help?” Psalm 121:1


Hills


Where I take Amos trail riding there are a few hills and small streams to cross. There are not a lot of hills but a few that are more strenuous than just riding the level trails. Because of the hills and the long winding trail I do my best to make sure Amos is in shape for that kind of ride. It would be cruel of me to knowingly take Amos on a trail ride that he is not physically fit for. He needs to be in top shape when we load up in the trailer and head for the hills.

The verse above kind of confuses me a little. However I think I understand it. The hills in life give us strength for the valleys. Having been conditioned by studying His word, asking Him for His guidance each day, having a daily devotional time, and worshiping regularly; all these give me strength to handle the hills and valley’s of life. It would be nice if our life was always on a level field with no ups or downs, but that’s not how life treats us. Thankfully our Savior has no intention of sending us through life unprepared. But we have to do our part to prepare.

Prayer Thought: Prepare me for this day and keep me focused on where you want to take me.

No comments: