Thursday 9 June 2011

WISDOM = The ability to choose - How are you doing?

Scripture: Happy is the man who finds wisdom, and the man who gains understanding.” Proverbs 3:13

Wisdom

One of the things that God did not create in a horse is the ability to use wisdom. I suspect that was intentional. I would probably never be able to catch Amos and ride him if he was able to reason and use judgment to figure out what life was going to bring him. Amos does not make his decisions by applying the knowledge and experience of the past and then evaluating all that information. He does remember and responds accordingly. His memory is simple, if it was good I will comply, if not, I’m out of here – if I can get away.

God has created us with a great gift. We have the ability to weigh our knowledge, experience, and make sensible decisions and judgments. We accumulate this knowledge and experience and can “catalog” the information to evaluate later. I hope I am doing that well. I am sure at times my Savior looks at me and says as we are walking; “what in the world are you doing?” Hopefully He will get my attention so that I make a wise decision. I have found out that what is critical in our relationship is not to wait for the Lord to come and give me wisdom but to seek after it. I must do this as I walk with Him each day.

Prayer Thought: Let me today make wise decisions and help me to seek your guidance.

No comments: