Thursday 30 June 2011

TRAPPED !!

Scripture: “There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love.” I John 4:18

Trapped

One of the horses’ biggest fears is being trapped with no way out. The horses’ design by God to get out of a trouble spot is to flee. If a horse is confined or in a place where it feels trapped, watch out, the horse will fight. Fear at that time can overwhelm a horse to the point that it will struggle to even the point of death. The horse will risk life itself to escape, after all when trapped the horse thinks it is going to die anyway. This is a major genetic feature of the horse and yet man can develop a level of trust with a horse to overcome even this fear. Amos trusts me, he has learned through our relationship that he can be put in a confining situation such as a trailer, a stall, or even cover his head, and no harm will come to him. He is willing to succumb to my control and trust me. He is an amazing animal to be willing to go against his instincts to trust me that much.

Do you ever feel trapped, confined? Do you feel like you are in a place you can’t get out of? Maybe you haven’t totally learned to trust Jesus. Give your total love and trust to Jesus and he will help you cast out your fears. He loves us and wants to help us through those difficult situations. Seek for Him today.

Prayer Thought: As I go through this day of my life, help me to trust you more.

No comments: