Saturday 26 March 2011

Being at your Best!









Scripture: “As for me, I will see your face in righteousness; I shall be satisfied when I awake in Your likeness.” Psalm 17:15

Satisfied

Amos is a good performer. I am very satisfied with what he can do. There are some things that we could work on however. He has a tendency to lift his head when I try to put his bridle on. I anticipate with time and training we can get beyond that quite easily. I am short in stature so when he lifts his head putting the bridle on is very difficult. I want to also work on his “go” and “whoa”. I want to make sure when I want him to stop and give him the cue to stop that he does just that. On the other hand, when I cue him up to step up I want him to move. Most of my issues with Amos are “fine tuning” issues and we can accomplish those improvements with ground training. Every so often I will work with Amos to make sure those trail horse traits I want are right where I want them.

As a Christian I will be satisfied with my spiritual growth when I “awake” in His likeness. That is quite a challenge for me. In other words I need to keep at it. I haven’t “arrived” yet. I must stay in His word, pray and keep up a good devotional life. As I go through each day I must be conscious of a need to keep working to be more like Him.

Prayer Thought: Lets see, what area’s of my life need “fine tuning” today?

No comments: