Friday 8 February 2008

The Best!

No matter what your interest is strive to be the best! Maybe you are a snowboarder, a mom, or a dad. Are you striving hard to be as successful as you can? The young man in the picture was ranked #1 nationally last week in his division and age group as an amateur. This week he is ranked #3, needs some more 1st places! He must have his dad's genes. Yep, you figured it out he is my son. Do you think I am proud of his hard work and success? You bet - I am his father! I hope my Heavenly Father is pleased with how I am doing in my race to serve Him. I haven't finished the course yet, but I am getting closer to the finish line - piece of cake! Oh no !! I think there is another Table Top - Yiiiiiiii!! Well, they say pride goes before a fall, I WILL finish the course!

7 comments:

Robin said...

Thanks! You make our relationship with Jesus seem so simple and it is... if we don't complicate it. Thanks again for taking an event from your life and making it applicable to our lives!

Anonymous said...

running this race to win! And as pleased as you are with you son, our Father is pleased with us, we are HIS children, and although we fall down at times, HE constantly encourages us to get up and keep running! Love you two! great encouragement to me!

Darla said...

Thanks for your comments...Ephesians 1:3-6 we are truly blessed!
I would love to visit the Creation Museum someday.

Brandy said...

Ahh Papa! You are very anti-gooerish yourself! :D

Thanks for the link and you can be sure I'll link you too. I just think you are too cute! And I love your blog! I think you have a lot to teach and I love learning from your blog!

Love!
Bran

CrossView said...

Congratulations to your son! I've never done the snow ski stuff but I've always admired that ability! The ski part AND the dealing with the frozen, icy, cold, snow part...
(sorry, I'm a deep south gal =P)

No doubt "Dad" is proud of you... Your love for Him shows through! =D

Robin said...

FYI - 2-11-08 through 2-17-08 is Random Acts of Kindness Week.

Tam said...

I'm with Brandy...I love learning so much from you Papa. I love your stories. The wisdom in them. How you apply them. Thank you for pouring so much out and into us. You have blessed me on several occasions! I value each time you share...Thank you!