Friday 1 February 2008

Excited !!! Pray for us! New Adventure!


Today Judy and I had an employment interview! Really! We decided to volunteer one day a week to a shelter here in Citrus County. We thought we might work in their thrift store or maybe help with some needed administrative tasks. However, the assignment they gave us is quite humbling. We begin Friday the 15th.

We will arrive at the shelter at 8am Friday mornings. We will assist both men and women residents look for job opportunities in newspapers, yellow pages or other resource material. Then we will take them to various job opportunities they have selected and coach them in filling out job applications and interviews. We are "coaches" only, not enablers. They need to do as much as they can on their own. We will pray with them and hopefully be Godly witnesses as well. We are so excited! Pray for us!!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very sweet! God amazes me how HE send his children out to help others and possibly bring back some of the ones that are lost..I am sure just being your selves will truly be a testimony. :) I am praying!

Robin said...

Awesome! You both continue to inspire! Thanks for being a great example. I know God is opening doors for you and people will learn about Jesus' love because of you and Judy!

Robin said...

I don't have an update on Daniel yet, but I'm staring at the phone and praying!

Tam said...

Doesn't surprise me at all that you and Mama are out there volunteering and serving your community. How blessed all those you'll be helping will be to be able to receive a touch from the Lord through you and Mama!

It's great to put a face with a name too!

You are quite the inspiration!!

Indian Lake Papa said...

Darla - we are so excited! The shelter is a great ministry, i only hope we do what Christ wants.


Robin - Awesome says it all friend! Judy is my mentor, and best friend.

Tam - We see this as a great opportunity to share our faith. The director stressed how important that is. Thanks for the "inspiration" tag! Someday you will find out the truth - I can be a real stinker! Watch out!

A. Elizabeth Ash said...

Wow that's awesome!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Papa. That is really cool. I need to do stuff like that. It sounds like fun! I also wanted to say thank you for coming over to mine and Kota's site. That really means a lot to us!

Indian Lake Papa said...

Thanks Kass for your comments as well. It sounds like you have some very cool parents! Always, I mean always, go to mom and dad when those critical issues come up. Do not make bad choices in life! Please!

CrossView said...

What an exciting opportunity! =D

Will you also continue with the volunteer "poop scooping"? You're more than welcome to come on over and hone those skills! We have lots to practice with....

Anonymous said...

that's so great!
God's most beloved... can't be any better.

Anonymous said...

I'm delayed on checking email, so I've been catching up on your posts & I just LOVE this New Adventure for you two! One day this summer, coming back from lunch, I saw a very young, tired, struggling girl leave her infant in her car, windows down, 80+ degrees out, walk into our office-head down all the way, to apply for work. My heart was saddened, imagining her story.

Thank you for your love for life & in showing others Christ :-)!

Trisha