Wednesday 27 February 2008

Making a come back!

Well - that was no fun! Since last Friday I felt this nasty cold coming on - last night I was in great misery - the fever, chills, aches & pain - no end in sight! Today, each hour has seen great improvement. Sometimes it just takes time for the "better days ahead" to appear. My "dilemma" did not require great faith, and yet some of you are still looking for those "better days ahead". With your permission (I don't need it!) I am going to give some suggestions.
1) Pray! - Ask God to intervene and to give you encouragement.
2) Seek help! ( I went to the doc immediately).
3) Never shut out your loved ones, they can help & encourage.
4) I was so ill, I couldn't read, but maybe you can- especially God's word.
5) Get a bell!

6 comments:

CrossView said...

Glad you're on your way to "all better"! =D

Great suggestions- excepting that bell idea. I'm afraid I would lose all compassion if my husband had one during his rare times of sickness. =P

Indian Lake Papa said...

Crossview - don't tell anyone, it will be our secret - I didn't have a bell either! mama took pretty good care of me without one.

Anonymous said...

Ahhh Papa I feel so bad for you!! Fever and chills is the worst! EW.
Snuggle up and get better!! :D

Tam said...

You are really liking the whole Bell thing aren't you?

Mama, you better get to taming your stallion?! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Glad you are getting better! I especially like the advice to read the Word, and pray...sometimes I look at illness that way, it is an opportunity to spend more time with HIM, totally being still and knowing that HE is God. Love you both!

Robin said...

Glad you are feeling better :)

The bell stuff cracks me up - my husband would love a bell too, but he so doesn't need it because I am at his call without it...